Re: Error compiling sepgsql in PG9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kohei Kaigai
Subject Re: Error compiling sepgsql in PG9.1
Date
List pgsql-general
> 2011/5/21 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> > On Sat, 2011-05-21 at 02:50 +0100, Kohei Kaigai wrote:
> >> As documentation said, it needs libselinux 2.0.93 or higher.
> >> This version supports selabel_lookup(3) for database object classes.
> >
> > AFAICS, we are not checking it during configure. It might be worth to
> > add libselinux version check in the configure phase.
> > --
>
> So it could be added into the configure the check and I think
> a patch in the doc could complete this issue. That's rigth?

Correct.

Now, configure script checks existence of libselinux using AC_CHECK_LIB(),
but getpeercon(3) has been supported for a long time, thus, an older version
of libselinux can also pass this test.

What I want to check here is an existence of SELABEL_CTX_DB definition in
selinux/label.h header file; supported on 2.0.93 or later.

Do you have any good idea to check existence of a particular definition in
a particular header file.

-- in selinux/label.h
  /*
   * Available backends.
   */

  /* file contexts */
  #define SELABEL_CTX_FILE        0
  /* media contexts */
  #define SELABEL_CTX_MEDIA       1
  /* x contexts */
  #define SELABEL_CTX_X           2
  /* db objects */
  #define SELABEL_CTX_DB          3  <-- not exist libselinux older than 2.0.93

Thanks,
--
NEC Europe Ltd, SAP Global Competence Center
KaiGai Kohei <kohei.kaigai@emea.nec.com>