Re: sepgsql contrib module - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kohei Kaigai
Subject Re: sepgsql contrib module
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sorry so much!
I thought I replied to the question already, but not yet.

> $ find /usr/share/selinux -name '*ake*'
> /usr/share/selinux/default/include/Makefile
> /usr/share/selinux/ubuntu/include/Makefile
> /usr/share/selinux/mls/include/Makefile
>
> Not sure which of these would be the right one to use.

The 4th level entry shall be replaced by policy type.

So, if "ubuntu" policy type is available on the system, the Makefile
we shall use is /usr/share/selinux/ubuntu/include/Makefile .                                  ^^^^^^

We can confirm the current available policy type from /etc/selinux/config
or using sestatus command.
 [kaigai@vmlinux tmp]$ sestatus SELinux status:                 enabled SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
Currentmode:                   enforcing Mode from config file:          enforcing Policy version:                 24
Policyfrom config file:        targeted                                 ^^^^^^^^ It is the policy type.

In this case, the current available policy type is "targeted".

BTW, it seems to me the base version of selinux-policy-* package in Ubuntu
is forked from an older snapshot (20091117), so it does not have enough rules
to run SE-PostgreSQL.

Right now, Fedora 13/14 is the easiest way.

Thanks,
--
NEC Europe Ltd, Global Competence Center
KaiGai Kohei <kohei.kaigai@eu.nec.com>