Encoding using the Frontend/Backend Protocol TCP/IP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raimon Fernandez
Subject Encoding using the Frontend/Backend Protocol TCP/IP
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm trying to send some strings that have chars outside from standar ascii, like çñàèó

Once I'm connected, the client and server both uses UT8Encoding.

And I'm sending all the strings encoded in UTF8.

At least the received ones are working, as I get the text exactly as it is, with special chars.

But when I'm trying to update a row using some of them, I'm getting an error:

ERROR
08P01
Invalid string in message
pqformat.c