Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guyren Howe
Subject Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jun 2, 2020, at 12:45 , Ravi Krishna <sravikrishna@comcast.net> wrote:

Generally speaking, I discourage having lots of databases under one PG
cluster for exactly these kinds of reasons.  PG's individual clusters
are relatively lightweight, after all.

Plus PG does not directly support cross database queries using 3 part name, something
sqlserver excels at.

Gotta say, not generally a fan of SQL Server, but this is very nice. If I’m dealing with a database with 50 small databases on it, it’s an utter pain to have to set up fdw connections between every set of databases I want to use together.

Any chance of getting this in Postgres? Seems like since the databases are in the same program, this ought to be simpler.
ul[class*='mb-extra__public-links'], ul[class*='mb-note__public-links'], ul[class*='mb-task__public-links'] { display: none !important; }