Re: Getting "cache lookup failed for aggregate" error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Neyman
Subject Re: Getting "cache lookup failed for aggregate" error
Date
List pgsql-general

FWIW the SQL is

DROP AGGREGATE IF EXISTS array_cat_aggregate(anyarray);

CREATE AGGREGATE array_cat_aggregate(anyarray)  (

    SFUNC     = array_cat,

    STYPE     = anyarray,

    INITCOND  = '{}'

);

Followed by the other statement given in my previous email. But, I think you've thoroughly answered by question. Thanks!

So, instead of dropping aggregate “if exists” why not check pg_catalog for aggregate existence, and create it only if it does NOT exist?

Regards,

Igor Neyman