Re: Alternative to psql -c ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James Le Cuirot
Subject Re: Alternative to psql -c ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:09:18 -0400
Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 02:43:25PM +0100, James Le Cuirot wrote:
>
> > The cookbook currently uses PQexec so multiple SQL commands are
> > wrapped in a transaction unless an explicit transaction
> > instruction appears. I don't want to change this behaviour but
> > the only way to get exactly the same effect from psql is to use
> > the -c option.
>
> Why not just read a file?  -f filename.

Same problem as stdin, the transactional behaviour is different. There
is the --single-transaction option but as the man page says...

"If the script itself uses BEGIN, COMMIT, or ROLLBACK, this option will
not have the desired effects."

Regards,
James