Re: Expected behaviour of \d in regexp with exponent numbers ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: Expected behaviour of \d in regexp with exponent numbers ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Arnaud Lesauvage wrote:
> I just came accross this trying to upgrade my server from 8.4.8 to 9.3.4 :
>
> SELECT substring('²' FROM E'\\d');
>
> 8.4 : NULL
> 9.3 : "²"
>
> Am I correct to expect NULL in this case ?

I get a different result on Linux:

test=> SHOW server_encoding;
 server_encoding
-----------------
 UTF8
(1 row)

test=> SHOW client_encoding;
 client_encoding
-----------------
 UTF8
(1 row)

test=> SHOW lc_collate;
 lc_collate
------------
 de_DE.UTF8
(1 row)

test=> SHOW server_version;
 server_version
----------------
 9.3.5
(1 row)

test=> SELECT substring('²' FROM E'\\d') IS NULL;
 ?column?
(1 row)

Maybe it is a collation problem.
Which operating system and collation are you using on each system?

Maybe there is an encoding problem involved.
What is your server and client encoding on each system?
What do you get for "SELECT '²'::bytea" on each system?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe