Re: A new JDBC driver... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kevin Wooten
Subject Re: A new JDBC driver...
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I don't expect it to work with SQL workbench but after looking at this, it cannot find the property for "username",
"password"or "database".

"database" is properly gleaned from the URL.
"username" and "password" can be provided as extra properties or as URL query parameters.

What URL are you using to connect and what properties are being provided?

As an aside, it currently only supports "plain" and "md5" authentication methods.

On Mar 12, 2013, at 10:39 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:

> Kevin Wooten wrote on 12.03.2013 02:19:
>> So… I did a crazy thing… I created an entirely new JDBC driver.
>>
>> (For those who care there's an actual question at the bottom… this
>> isn't just bragging)
>>
>> I'd love it if some folks in the know could take a look at my code
>> and see if it stirs up any ideas on integration or just makes you
>> want to jump off a bridge.
>>

> It does sound very nice, thanks very much for the effort!
>
> I didn't look at the code, but one thing I noticed when trying the driver is that it requires a bunch of other
librarieswhich is highly unusual in the JDBC "world". Usually the JDBC driver jar is self contained.