Perl DBI - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Cheryl Thompson
Subject Perl DBI
Date
List pgsql-novice
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum... if someone knows of a better forum
(alt.users.trying.to.run.postgres.and.perl.with.apache.on.windows doesn't
exist :D), please let me know.

Thanks to the many helpful people in this group I located the DBD::Pg files
on CPAN.
However, following the instructions for PgSimple (this is all being done on
the Cygwin side), I get an error that has stumped the one person in the
office who uses Perl. (He came up with the supremely helpful: "You're
missing the Perl module for postgresql." To which my reply is, "This IS the
Perl module for PostGresQL").

Has anyone set up this configuration? Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong
here??? (Besides trying to ignore the first error in hopes it would go
through steps 2 and 3 anyway).

I can read this and say, "Ok, it can't find Perl", but I don't know how to
tell it "hey, Perl is over here---> /Perl".

I have currently on this box:
Apache 2.0.3
Cygwin
Postgresql (runs through Cygwin)
Active Perl 5.8

[Should I have installed a different Perl through Cygwin as a LINUX build,
not through windows as Active Perl?? Would Apache and everything ELSE then
have to run through Cygwin? I can see that being an issue; on the other hand
it seems kind of a silly way to do this. Access through Windows can see
Postgresql; why can't Perl?]

Thanks,
Cheryl "I Hope To Stop Posting To This List Real Soon Now" Thompson

---------------------Cut N
Paste---------------------------------------------

cthompso@MyBox /Pg-Simple-1.0
$ ls
COPYRIGHT  LICENSE   Makefile     README     test.pl
Changes    MANIFEST  Makefile.PL  Simple.pm

cthompso@MyBox /Pg-Simple-1.0
$ perl Makefile.pl
Warning: prerequisite Pg failed to load: Can't locate Pg.pm in @INC (@INC
conta
ns: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_
erl/5.6.1/cygwin-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
) at (eval 4) line 3.
Writing Makefile for Pg::Simple

cthompso@MyBox /Pg-Simple-1.0
$ make
cp Simple.pm blib/lib/Pg/Simple.pm
Manifying blib/man3/Pg.Simple.3

cthompso@MyBox /Pg-Simple-1.0
$ make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/c
gwin-multi -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 test.pl
1..1
Can't locate Pg.pm in @INC (@INC contains: blib/arch blib/lib
/usr/lib/perl5/5.
.1/cygwin-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/lib
perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/cy
win-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
blib/li
/Pg/Simple.pm line 67.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at blib/lib/Pg/Simple.pm line 67.
Compilation failed in require at test.pl line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at test.pl line 10.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2

cthompso@MyBox /Pg-Simple-1.0