Re: threads stuff/UnixWare - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: threads stuff/UnixWare
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On Wednesday, May 12, 2004 15:59:19 -0300 "Marc G. Fournier"
<scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:

>> > deemed unacceptable by whom?  Sounds to me alot simpler of a solution
>> > then making wrappers for the pthread_* functions just to accommodate
>> > one OS ... I could see it if this was a wide-spread problem, but it
>> > doesn't appear to be ...
>> Bruce didn't want to muck ip all the .c programs in the distribution to
>> do that.
>
> I'm confused now ... what .c programs would have to be mucked up if you
> add -Kpthread to the Unixware specific Makefile?
initdb, et al.

See these comments in src/template/unixware:
# Disabled because flags are required for all apps using libpq.
# Waiting to see if other platforms need this too.  2004-03-22
THREAD_SUPPORT=yes
# verified UnixWare 7.1.4 2004-03-18
STRERROR_THREADSAFE=yes
GETPWUID_THREADSAFE=yes
GETHOSTBYNAME_THREADSAFE=yes
$

I turned it back on to see if the new stuff had fixed it.