Re: The default text search configuration will be set to "simple" ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Schwarzer
Subject Re: The default text search configuration will be set to "simple" ?
Date
List pgsql-general
what does this message mean? I didn't find any information on the web, beside of others having similar messages...
    ------------------------------
The database cluster will be initialized with locales
 COLLATE:  en_US.UTF-8
 CTYPE:    UTF-8

This one is missing the en_US off the front. UTF-8 isn't a locale, it's an encoding.

The default database encoding has accordingly been set to UTF8.

Good.

initdb: could not find suitable text search configuration for locale UTF-8

Bad. For some reason initdb isn't picking up your CTYPE setting properly. What operating-system (and version) are you running, and what version of PG, and did you compile it from source or get it elsewhere?

I am running 10.5, on a MacPro. Postgres version 8.3.1 and got it from macports.

A bit ago, in my many attempts to get postgres & postgis running on 10.5, I added this to the .bash_profile:

adding to .bash_profile:
LANG=en_US.UTF-8; export LANG
export PATH="/opt/local/lib/postgresql83/bin:$PATH"

And then, something which didn't work before, did work finally. But I am not eager to try it out now, because I am happy enough that my postgres&postgis is finally running...

Stef