Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Apr 19, 2022, at 7:00 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (A) This is a new feature. Wait for v16.
> (B) This is a bug fix. Commit it now and back-patch to v14.
> (C) This is a cleanup that is OK to put into v15 even after feature
> freeze but since it is a behavior change we shouldn't back-patch it.
>
> I vote for (C). What do other people think?

Looks like most people voted for (B).  In support of that option, here are patches for master and REL_14_STABLE.  Note
thatI extended the tests compared to v9, which found a problem that is fixed for v10:

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment