Re: Cygwin-Postgres-IpcMemoryCreate - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Saravanan Bellan
Subject Re: Cygwin-Postgres-IpcMemoryCreate
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Sorry to get back so late on this one.

I'm using
Cygwin dll - 1.3.10
Cygipc 1.11-1
Postgres 7.2.1
Windows 2000 Professional (SP 1, Build 2195)
NTFS

I'm running a non standard postgres-cygwin installation. Using only parital
Cygwin installation  and do not have a separate Windows User for postgres.
I'm starting initdb with the -U option(I think this was introduced in 7.2)
and use that user name for further connections.

The change I had to make was in src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c

In InstallXLogFileSegment, just commented link() and use the rename()
section, after reading the commnets that "rename() is an acceptable
substiute except for the truly paranoid" . I'm sure it is not a valid fix,
but seem to work for me in my setup.

On a side note, I used to see multiple 'postgres' processes in 'Windows Task
Manager' , but now  because of this change or some other setup change I see
multiple 'postmaster' processes. Is there a explanation?

Thanks,