Re: Faq update needed (or maybe it was my error) - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Subject Re: Faq update needed (or maybe it was my error)
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

You sound to have inadvertantley downloaded the source file (if its got src
in the name then it is).
There is a none source version available at:
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/cygipc/index.html
called cygipc-1.11-1.tar.bz2
> installe with the procedure you specified on your guide.
> I don't know if this was caused by a foult of mine (I'm just a Linux
> newbie) but I noticed that surfing on groups.gogle.com lots of other
> people had my same experience
> They followed your installing procedure but at the moment of starting
> the service they (like me) get an error "service name is invalid"
You need to install the ipc-daemon as a service first using, IIRC:
ipc-daemon --install-as-service
If it still doesn't work check the following works:
ipc-daemon &
Hope this helps,
- Stuart