Faq update needed (or maybe it was my error) - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From mantees@planio.it
Subject Faq update needed (or maybe it was my error)
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
On http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-mswin.html you say:

>2. Install the latest cygipc package, available at

>http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/cygipc/. Do
>not use versions prior to 1.04, they will not work.

>Use the following command to install the cygipc package:

>$ tar -C / -xjf cygipc-${version}.tar.bz2

>where "${version}" is the version (e.g., 1.11-1).

After untarring I still had to "make" and "make install" the library. It was
installe with the procedure you specified on your guide.
I don't know if this was caused by a foult of mine (I'm just a Linux
newbie) but I noticed that surfing on groups.gogle.com lots of other
people had my same experience
They followed your installing procedure but at the moment of starting
the service they (like me) get an error "service name is invalid"

Thank you