Re: sigint psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: sigint psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Magnus,

On Feb 21, 2005, at 3:00 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> There is no way so signal *psql*, as in the client side process. The
> signal emulation only runs in the server.

But is there some equivalent of pressing ctrl-C to make psql stop what
it is doing? For example, through the pipe stream I may execute a \i
command and the user wants to stop before the file is processed. What
mechanism is used to do this on win32? I thought it could be
accomplished on Unix with kill -2, hence my original question. But
maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/