Re: Diferent databases on same query... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andre Schnabel
Subject Re: Diferent databases on same query...
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Douglas Rafael da Silva" <douglas@inducola.com.br> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to do a query where can be possible I access tables from
> diferent databases on the same query.
> On MySQL, I do:
>
> SELECT People1.PersID, People1.Name, Result1.Value, Result1.Date FROM
> Database1.People1, Database2.Result1 WHERE ...
>
> I think on ORACLE works like as:
>
> SELECT People1.PersID, People1.Name, Result1.Value, Result1.Date FROM
> People1@Database1, Result1@Database2 WHERE ...
>
> But Who I can to do this on Postgresql ?

You CANNOT do that with PostgreSQL.
But why do you want to do that? IMHO it's a rather bas design to hold data
in different places, if you need to select them in one query.
Is there a real reason to hold the tables in different databases?

Andre