Re: copy to/from stdout using libpgtcl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From lbayuk@mindspring.com (ljb)
Subject Re: copy to/from stdout using libpgtcl
Date
List pgsql-general
g.hintermayer@inode.at wrote:
>> PS It's the absence of PgWatchProc which kills it. I didn't upgrade it
>> to the "V2" channel type structure, so it should be compatible with older
>> Tcl's. But aside from gets and puts, I doubt any other file operations
>> would work on the handle during a copy.
>
>I'd expect also eof to work, and fileevent readable/writable.

eof is probably OK, except that once the copy is over the channel
becomes unreadable, so you probably only get one shot at [eof].
fileevent is really iffy. Probably no, since watchProc is
just dummy procedure and I think it is needed to make event
notification work.