Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Susan Lane
Subject Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi -

I decided to try the ora2pg perl script to convert my tables from oracle to
postgres and I wondered if anyone has had problems with this script.  Or
maybe you are familiar with the symptoms I'm having as a result.

I ran the script and after it told me that it was creating my sequences, it
said "Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect".  Now when I go
into psql, any command I try (even /?) gives me a segmentation fault.
Pgadmin tells me when I try to drop my database that I can't drop an open
database.  My log tells me "pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client
connection".   I have tried stopping and restarting postmaster, but that
didn't help.  I tried looking around in the documentation, pg_recvbuf and
various pieces of the other error, but I can't find anything.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
--
Susan Lane
DPN, Incorporated