Re: which Python interface - Mailing list pgsql-general

From missive@frontiernet.net (Lee Harr)
Subject Re: which Python interface
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 4 Jul 2001 14:56:34 +0000 (UTC), markus jais <mjais@web.de> wrote:
> hi,
> at www.python.org I found at least 3 python interfaces
> for postgresql.
> can anybody give me some hints, which one to choose?
> I saw that at least one of these is written in C, so
> this maybe the fastet.

I have not done any benchmarking, but I can tell you that
I use pygresql and psycopg.

pygresql I use with python in general, and
psycopg I use with Zope (I read somewhere that
it is designed to work well in that threaded
environment...)

Probably they are all wrappers around libpq, and there
will not be huge differences in performance. For me
the choice was mostly by what was easy to install
and use.