Re: PostgreSQL ports post-installation gives core dump? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From CD Baby
Subject Re: PostgreSQL ports post-installation gives core dump?
Date
List pgsql-general
> > Bad system call (core dumped)       <-------- *******
>
>IIRC, our FAQ suggests this might mean your kernel is compiled without
>SysV shared memory and/or semaphore support.

Thanks!  That was it!

For those OpenBSD people, your kernel needs to have these options in your
kernel-configuration file:

# PostgreSQL NEEDS THIS
option          SYSVMSG         # System V-like message queues
option          SYSVSEM         # System V-like semaphores
option          SYSVSHM         # System V-like memory sharing