pg_dump problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From C. R. Oldham
Subject pg_dump problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Good morning,

I tried to dump a pg 7.1 database last night, but got the following error:

dumpSequence(user_id_sequence): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend:
'ERROR:  user_id_sequence: Permission denied.

user_id_sequence is just
'create sequence user_id_sequence'

Thinking it might be a 7.1 problem I upgraded to 7.1.2.  Same problem.

I created a test case:
p0 rack[44]% psql -U postgres template1
~/wd/kksmith/www/doc/sql
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

template1=# create user test;
CREATE USER
template1=# create database test;
CREATE DATABASE
template1=# \q;
p0 rack[45]% psql -U test test
~/wd/kksmith/www/doc/sql
test=> create sequence user_id_sequence
CREATE
test=> \d
          List of relations
       Name       |   Type   | Owner
------------------+----------+-------
 user_id_sequence | sequence | test
(1 row)

test=> \q
p0 rack[46]% pg_dump -S postgres --no-owner test > ~/test.dump
dumpSequence(user_id_sequence): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend:
'ERROR:  user_id_sequence: Permission denied.
'.
p0 rack[47]% psql -U test test
~/wd/kksmith/www/doc/sql
test=> grant all on user_id_sequence to test;
CHANGE
test=> \q
p0 rack[49]% pg_dump -S postgres --no-owner test >! ~/test.dump
dumpSequence(user_id_sequence): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend:
'ERROR:  user_id_sequence: Permission denied.

I'm stumped.  Suggestions?  Post to pgsql-hackers?  Or file a bug report?

--cro
cro@ncacasi.org