Re: pg_dump problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump problem
Date
List pgsql-general
"C. R. Oldham" <cro@ncacasi.org> writes:
> p0 rack[46]% pg_dump -S postgres --no-owner test > ~/test.dump
> dumpSequence(user_id_sequence): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend:
> 'ERROR:  user_id_sequence: Permission denied.

Hmm.  Which user is pg_dump connecting as?  (The -S switch does not
answer this question, btw; that only determines what's emitted into
the output script.)  I would expect behavior like this if you are
connecting as someone who's neither a superuser nor the sequence
owner.  Check PGUSER and USER environment variables.

            regards, tom lane