Re: PATCH: Using BRIN indexes for sorted output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: PATCH: Using BRIN indexes for sorted output
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 8/2/23 17:25, Sergey Dudoladov wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> Parallel version is not supported, but I think it should be possible.
>
> @Tomas are you working on this ? If not, I would like to give it a try.

Feel free to try. Just keep it in a separate part/patch, to make it
easier to combine the work later.

>> static void
>> AssertCheckRanges(BrinSortState *node)
>> {
>> #ifdef USE_ASSERT_CHECKING
>>
>> #endif
>> }
>
> I guess it should not be empty at the ongoing development stage.
>
> Attached a small modification of the patch with a draft of the docs.

Thanks. FWIW it's generally better to always post the whole patch
series, otherwise the cfbot gets confused as it's unable to combine
stuff from different messages.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra