Re: [HACKERS] REPLICA IDENTITY FULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] REPLICA IDENTITY FULL
Date
Re: [HACKERS] REPLICA IDENTITY FULL  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/18/17 23:11, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> While playing around with logical replication, I am confused by the
> behavior of REPLICA IDENTITY FULL.

> However, if a table has text columns, UPDATE/DELETE replication does
> not work any more. Am I missing something?

This is apparently because for replica identity full the comparison of
the search key against the tuple value goes through datumIsEqual(),
which doesn't work for TOAST values.

We might be able to refine that, but there is a general problem that
without an index and an operator class, we are just doing our random
best to match the values.