Thank you - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brian E. Pangburn
Subject Thank you
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I know this is not an "on-topic" post, but I wanted my message to reach the
right people.

I want to thank all of you who have worked so hard to make Postgres such an
excellent database.  Since people tend to complain a lot, I thought it might
be nice to share some good news...

I have just finished a several month project migrating a backend from Access
to Postgres.  We went live with PG about a week ago and the results are far
better than we ever hoped for (knock on wood).  The database is comprised of
43 tables, consumes over 167 MB ("du" on "data") and tends to have 5-10
simultaneous users. We have gone from several database corruptions per day
to 24 hour uptime.  Using ADO/ODBC, our average calc engine run-time was
reduced by 50%!

Live backups, significantly increased performance, scalability for
additional users, elimination of corruption, and a path for web access to
our system -- Postgres has greatly simplified my life!

Thank you for all of your hard work!

Sincerely,

Brian E. Pangburn
The Pangburn Company, Inc.