Re: [GENERAL] Queries across multiple databases  (was: SELECT from a table in another database). - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zak McGregor
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Queries across multiple databases  (was: SELECT from a table in another database).
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 21 May 2001 16:04:25 +0200
Zak McGregor <zak@mighty.co.za> wrote:

> I'm not sure whether it is quite the way to do it, but I'd have a
better
> time with things if I could span databases in a single request. Are
> there theoretical problems with spanning databases in a single query?
Is
> it a feature of bad database design & implementation?

I suspect my statement was not so clear. I mean is it a feature of *my*
bad database design & implementation if I am finding it necessary to
contemplate cross-database queries?

Apologies for the vagueness of the original...

Ciao

Zak

Zak McGregor
http://www.carfolio.com - Specifications of cars online. Over 7000!
Of course my password is the same as my pet's name.
My macaw's name was Q47pY!3, but I change it every 90 days.