Re: real multi-master replication? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: real multi-master replication?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/5/07, Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com> wrote:
> I don't believe there is, or can be, any asynchronous multi-master
> replication system for any database that will work with all possible
> general purpose constructs.

but i dont insist on async. if there is multi-master replication for
postgresql it would be great if it would be sync.

> Given that, you might need to be more specific about your
> needs (and rethink your application architecture based on the
> reality of the issue), unless the constraints of synchronous
> replication work for you particular problem space.

i dont have a project (at the moment) that would require multi-master.
i'm just checking my options - as in original mail: i heard a lot of
"multi-master replication systems", but all of them seem to replicate
queries, and not data. which is unacceptable for me.

depesz