Re: real multi-master replication? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Atkins
Subject Re: real multi-master replication?
Date
Re: real multi-master replication?  ("hubert depesz lubaczewski" <depesz@gmail.com>)
Re: real multi-master replication?  (Omar Eljumaily <omar2@omnicode.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Mar 4, 2007, at 11:18 AM, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:

> hi,
> i read about some replication system for postgresql, but - as far as i
> know there is none real multi-master replication system for
> postgresql.
> all i have seen are based on "query replication" with various "hacks"
> for specific constructions (like now()).
> my question is - is there any (even fully commercial) multi-master
> replication system for postgresql that will work with all possible
> constructs, triggers, random data and so on?
> i mean - i dont want to bother with choosing to 'note' somehow that
> 'this particular query' has to be replicated somehow.
> i'm thinking about working solution that will allow multi-master
> connections.

I don't believe there is, or can be, any asynchronous multi-master
replication system for any database that will work with all possible
general purpose constructs.

Given that, you might need to be more specific about your
needs (and rethink your application architecture based on the
reality of the issue), unless the constraints of synchronous
replication work for you particular problem space.

Cheers,
   Steve