Re: connection dropped from the backend server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: connection dropped from the backend server
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/27/2018 03:36 PM, armand pirvu wrote:
> Hi all
>

> I have a process of some data manipulation and ultimate transfer to a postgres database
> A DML statement gest concoted with the transformed data and pusshed into a named pipe
> The named pipe is tailed -f in the background like this
>
> nohup $SHELL <<EOF &
> tail -f /u1/sys_admin/dba/mypipe.fifo | psql -U csidba -d repdb -h rephost
> EOF
>
> All good BUT I do notice every say 10 min although I see the tail and psql processes in the ps output, looking in
pg_stat_activitythere is really nothing the host I run the nohuped tail

Could it be that pg_stat_activity shows nothing because the DML has
completed when you look?

Does the data find its way into the database?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com