Re: connection dropped from the backend server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From armand pirvu
Subject Re: connection dropped from the backend server
Date
List pgsql-general
As long as the connection stays up yes data gets fine across
In pg_stat_activity I see the node ip address where tail -f piped into psql happens

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 27, 2018, at 6:03 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/27/2018 03:36 PM, armand pirvu wrote:
>> Hi all
>> I have a process of some data manipulation and ultimate transfer to a postgres database
>> A DML statement gest concoted with the transformed data and pusshed into a named pipe
>> The named pipe is tailed -f in the background like this
>> nohup $SHELL <<EOF &
>> tail -f /u1/sys_admin/dba/mypipe.fifo | psql -U csidba -d repdb -h rephost
>> EOF
>> All good BUT I do notice every say 10 min although I see the tail and psql processes in the ps output, looking in
pg_stat_activitythere is really nothing the host I run the nohuped tail