Re: connection dropped from the backend server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: connection dropped from the backend server
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/27/2018 04:07 PM, armand pirvu wrote:
> As long as the connection stays up yes data gets fine across
> In pg_stat_activity I see the node ip address where tail -f piped into psql happens

So what does the rest of that record show? In particular for:

state
query
backend_start

and any others you might think are important from here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/monitoring-stats.html#PG-STAT-ACTIVITY-VIEW

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Mar 27, 2018, at 6:03 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 03/27/2018 03:36 PM, armand pirvu wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>> I have a process of some data manipulation and ultimate transfer to a postgres database
>>> A DML statement gest concoted with the transformed data and pusshed into a named pipe
>>> The named pipe is tailed -f in the background like this
>>> nohup $SHELL <<EOF &
>>> tail -f /u1/sys_admin/dba/mypipe.fifo | psql -U csidba -d repdb -h rephost
>>> EOF
>>> All good BUT I do notice every say 10 min although I see the tail and psql processes in the ps output, looking in
pg_stat_activitythere is really nothing the host I run the nohuped tail

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com