Re: connection dropped from the backend server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: connection dropped from the backend server
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 03/27/2018 04:07 PM, armand pirvu wrote:
>> As long as the connection stays up yes data gets fine across
>> In pg_stat_activity I see the node ip address where tail -f piped into psql happens

> So what does the rest of that record show? In particular for:

I wonder how often data gets put into the pipe.  If it's "not very often",
maybe the connection from psql to the server is timing out due to
inactivity?  This would be the fault of a firewall or something in
between.  You could probably fix it by enabling (more aggressive) TCP
keepalive settings.

            regards, tom lane