Re: Multithreaded queue in PgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From valgog
Subject Re: Multithreaded queue in PgSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jun 10, 1:58 pm, alok...@yahoo.com (Nikola Milutinovic) wrote:
> > You may find that the PGQ component of skytools is what you want:
> >  http://pgfoundry.org/projects/skytools
> >  http://skytools.projects.postgresql.org/doc/
> >  http://skytools.projects.postgresql.org/doc/pgq-sql.html
>
> Thanks, we will look into it. Still, I am surprised to learn that SQL as such cannot handle it. I do realize that the
questionis not trivial. Would setting transaction isolation level to SERIALIZABLE help in any way? Would locking of the
entiretable help in any way?

> Nix.

The easiest solution that I have found by now, is to use advisory
lock, so that every thread is waiting until the other has released the
lock.

-- Valentine