Re: Instructions for adding new catalog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gustavo Tonini
Subject Re: Instructions for adding new catalog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for reply, Tom.
Well, just for documenting the process...
Adding new postgres catalog in 2 little steps:

1)Write catalog header file and save it into "src/include/catalog"
directory. Hint: copy format from other catalog headers.
2)Add your header file name to variable POSTGRES_BKI_SRCS in file
"src/backend/catalog/Makefile"

"Make", "make install", then "initdb" will create new system catalogs for you.

Gustavo.