Re: Fwd: not able to give usage access to public schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Fwd: not able to give usage access to public schema
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/13/20 7:15 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> sekhar chandra <sekharclouddbengineer@gmail.com> writes:
>> Adrian - when I follow the same steps what you did . in my case , the
>> result is false.
>
>> grant usage on schema public to role_test ;
>> GRANT
>
>> SELECT rolname, has_schema_privilege('role_test', 'public', 'usage')
>> from pg_roles where rolname = 'role_test';
>>     rolname  | has_schema_privilege
>>    role_test | f
>
> This is verging on impossible to believe.  To start with, in a standard

I'm wrestling with the same thing. What also is in the file that Sekhar
sent was the fact this is happening in an AWS Aurora instance. I've gone
over the Aurora docs and can't see anything that says the behavior is
different. Still it is another data point.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com