Re: Loading table with indexed jsonb field is stalling - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Loading table with indexed jsonb field is stalling
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/20/19 5:22 PM, Will Hartung wrote:

>> On May 20, 2019, at 5:14 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>>
>> Well looks like you are down to Tom's suggestion of creating a test case. Given that it seems confined to the jsonb
fieldand corresponding index, I would think that is all that is needed for the test case. Start with some smaller
subset,say 10,000 rows and work up till you start seeing an issue.

> This will take quite some work, and I wouldn’t attempt it with less than 5M rows to load.

 From this post:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKMEDdxE95SC76wadMzrH454HpvCV4tOdEmuZRO%3DpwArEw6YVg%40mail.gmail.com

You started seeing longer times by the time you got to 500,000 rows and
then it fell off by 1.1 million.

Creating the data:

CREATE TABLE AS gin_test SELECT traits FROM eis_entity LIMIT 1000000;

Then:

pg_dump -t gin_test

--
Adrian Klaver