Re: Error compiling Slony I - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: Error compiling Slony I
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 28, 2007, at 8:50 AM, Glyn Astill wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> When I try to compile Slony 1.2 I get the following error:P
>
> parser.y:1090:18: error: scan.c: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [parser.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/slony1-1.2.12/src/slony_logshipper'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/slony1-1.2.12/src'
>
> I've installed bison.
>
> Anyone got any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Slony mailing list will be more helpful... but I ran into this.  the
solution for me was to uninstall bison and re-build.  for some reason
if the slony configure script finds bison, it forces it to rebuild the
parser.  i think the parser requires a certain version of bison.