Re: Error compiling Slony I - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glyn Astill
Subject Re: Error compiling Slony I
Date
Re: Error compiling Slony I  (Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Vivek,

Ah thanks, I have posted this to the slony list tooo, but it doesn't
seem to have appeared yet so I thought I'd ask here.

I've already tried removing and re-installing bison, but I shall try
again as you suggest.

You can't remember any other detail can you?

Thanks
Glyn
--- Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:

> On Nov 28, 2007, at 8:50 AM, Glyn Astill wrote:
>
> > Hi people,
> >
> > When I try to compile Slony 1.2 I get the following error:P
> >
> > parser.y:1090:18: error: scan.c: No such file or directory
> > make[2]: *** [parser.o] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/tmp/slony1-1.2.12/src/slony_logshipper'
> > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/slony1-1.2.12/src'
> >
> > I've installed bison.
> >
> > Anyone got any idea what I may be doing wrong?
>
> Slony mailing list will be more helpful... but I ran into this.
> the
> solution for me was to uninstall bison and re-build.  for some
> reason
> if the slony configure script finds bison, it forces it to rebuild
> the
> parser.  i think the parser requires a certain version of bison.

Glyn Astill

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/