FW: [GENERAL] "document contains no data" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jackson, Kevin J.
Subject FW: [GENERAL] "document contains no data"
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael,

I'm new to both PHP and PostgreSQL, and I had the same problem.

I fixed it by doing 2 things:

1) Requiring the database to be accessed by a username/passwd combination.
2) Connecting to the database with the username/passwd combination.

Here is my code:

    <?php
require ('project.inc.php3');

$db=pg_connect("host=$hostdb port=$dbport user=$pguser password=$pgpasswd
dbname=$dbname");

$query = "INSERT INTO project_request (submit_date, contact, department,
telephone, email, project_name, completion, project_descrip, project_goal)
VALUES
('$submit_date','$contact','$department','$telephone','$email','$project_nam
e','$completion','$project_descrip','$project_goal')";

$doit=pg_exec($db,$query);

pg_close($db);
?>

(I put the hostname, username, passwd and database name into the
'project.inc.php3' include file and adjusted the permissions, so no one can
see the actual values for those.)

Hope this helps!

kjj