Re: [GENERAL] formatting dates? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: [GENERAL] formatting dates?
Date
List pgsql-general
I don't know about the date formatting (although I
know that can always be done easily on the application
end, which is usually more convenient), but about the
regex:

They should work pretty much like perl (there may be a
few differences) except that you aren't retrieving
matches in PG or replacing, it is just a boolean test
to see if a pattern is found.

here is some brief documentation on perl regexes, to
get you started at least:
http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/pod/perlre.html#Regular_Expressions

Hope it helps. You might also try documentation for
other programming languages that use regexes (PHP, Sed
& Awk, etc).

-Jeff Davis

http://im.yahoo.com