Re: Mapping usernames for local/loopback connections - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jan Eden
Subject Re: Mapping usernames for local/loopback connections
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 02.01.2011, at 14:22, Jan Eden wrote:

> On 02.01.2011, at 13:03, Jasen Betts wrote:
>
>> On 2011-01-02, Jan Eden <temp@janeden.org> wrote:
>>
>>> local   all             all                                     trust map=mymap
>>> host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            trust map=mymap
>>

>> Don't use 'map=mymap' , just use 'mymap'.
>
> Thanks a lot. I already tried that, and it still does not work. Besides, the manual explicitly uses the
'option=value'syntax:

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html
>
> Could there be anything else I overlooked?

Mystery solved:

2011-01-02 15:32:02 CET LOG:  authentication option "map" is only valid for authentication methods ident, krb5, gssapi,
sspiand cert

Still, is there any way to achieve a mapping of local system accounts to db accounts while using the "trust"
authenticationmethod?

- Jan