Re: Testing with concurrent sessions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jan 7, 2010, at 9:19 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

>> In that case, there's nothing for it except concurrent psql.
>
> Unless we are prepared to define concurrency testing as something
> separate from the basic regression tests.  Which is kind of annoying but
> perhaps less so than the alternatives.  It certainly seems to me to
> be the kind of thing you wouldn't need to test in order to have
> confidence in a local build.

I was rather assuming that was what we were talking about here, since we have in the past discussed testing things like
dumpand restore, which would require something like Perl to handle multiple processes, and wouldn't work very well for
aregular release.

I think if we have the ability to add tests that are not distributed, it gives us a lot more freedom and opportunity to
testthings that are not currently well-tested.

Best,

David