Re: How to deal with multiple accounts - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Doug Easterbrook
Subject Re: How to deal with multiple accounts
Date
List pgadmin-support
the setup with no password?

what I mean by that is when adding in the server you are required to put in a user and a password and there is a little checkbox about ’saving password’.      we don’t save password, so the user is prompted to enter it for each pgadmin connection.

if all the databases are in the same cluster, then use of server groups and servers will do nothing for you, since all the databases in the server are listed based on the server instance you connect to.

I have not attempted to manage a bunch of databases with different roles/owners within a single server since we kind of figure that if you are a DBA .. then you are probably using pgadmin as an administration tool.

if you are looking for a user query tool and using pgadmin for that, then I might create different server instances.

postgres is great .. the one thing that it does slightly different is that users and roles CAN cross multiple databases.

if you really want segmentation between development and production, creating two different servers might be best.

Doug Easterbrook
Arts Management Systems Ltd.
Phone (403) 650-1978