Re: How to deal with multiple accounts - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Jan Birk
Subject Re: How to deal with multiple accounts
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

For inspiration...

We have/use a lot of clusters and databases in PGadmin. In PGadmin (the users
view) it is organised by product (servergroups:

server-group-product01
- server-test-database (cluster01)
- server-pre-production (cluster02)
- server-production (cluster03)

server-group-product02
- server-test-database (cluster01)
- server-pre-production (etc)
- server-production

etc

In our clusters we have different roles for typical use cases:

- test-role-read-only
- test-role-read-write
- pre-production-read-only
- ..
etc

Our users are grantet connect and a role depending of there needs. The DBA that
creates the user are giving the user an initialy password.

The products are organized by maintenance groups. A products production
databases are placed in clusters that have the same type of service windows.

We have +100 databases and people seems to we happy - as a DBA I am :-)

Best

/Jan