Fwd: replication_timeout not effective - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dang Minh Huong
Subject Fwd: replication_timeout not effective
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Hi,=20
>=20
> Thank you for your soon reply.
>=20
> I'm trying to set the network timeout related parameters to terminate it.
>=20
> # i've tried to set postgresql.conf's tcp_keepalives_* but not success.=20=

>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> 2013/04/10 14:05=1B$B!"=1B(BAmit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> =1B$B$N%a=
%C%;!<%8=1B(B:
>=20
>> On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:35 AM Dang Minh Huong wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>=20
>>> I'm wondering  if this is a bug of PostgreSQL.
>>=20
>>> PostgreSQL's show that replication_timeout parameter can "Terminate repl=
ication connections that are inactive longer than the specified number of mi=
lliseconds". But in my environment the sender process > is hang up (in sever=
al tens of minunites) if i turn off  (by power off) Standby PC while pg_base=
backup is excuting.
>>=20
>>> Is this correct?
>>=20
>>> As my debug, sender process is terminated when recieve SIGPIPE process b=
ut it come too slow (about 30minutes after standby PC was down).
>>=20
>> For such scenario's, new parameter wal_sender_timeout has been introduced=
 in 9.3. Refer below:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/runtime-config-replication.ht=
ml#RUNTIME-CONFIG-REPLICATION-SENDER