Re: Schedule for 9.5alpha1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kouhei Kaigai
Subject Re: Schedule for 9.5alpha1
Date
Re: Schedule for 9.5alpha1  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

I have a serious open item reported 1.5 month ago then reminded
several times has not been fixed up yet.

9A28C8860F777E439AA12E8AEA7694F8010F3EA6@BPXM15GP.gisp.nec.co.jp

Patch is less than 100 lines, entirely designed according to Tom's suggestion.

The problem is, commit 1a8a4e5cde2b7755e11bde2ea7897bd650622d3e reverted
create_plan_recurse() to static function, thus, extension lost way to
transform Path node to Plan node if it wants to takes underlying child
nodes, like SeqScan, HashJoin and so on.

Tom's suggestion is to add a list of Path nodes on CustomPath structure,
to be transformed by createplan.c, instead of public create_plan_recurse().

It is nearly obvious problem, and bugfix patch already exists.

Thanks,
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

Attachment