Schedule for 9.5alpha1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Schedule for 9.5alpha1
Date
Re: Schedule for 9.5alpha1  (Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
There was agreement at the PGCon dev meeting that we should put out a
9.5alpha1 release as soon as possible, to encourage wider testing
(and that it should be called an "alpha", because people aren't convinced
it's up to beta quality yet).  After a little back and forth, that release
has been set for next week, ie we'll wrap Monday June 29 for public
announcement Thursday July 2.

If there are any open 9.5 issues you can fix before Monday, please do.

Also, there was agreement that we'd begin the first 9.6 commitfest
on July 1.  I anticipate forking off the REL9_5_STABLE branch on
Tuesday to make way for that.