Re: BUG #9478: Greenplum External Table definitions - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Gerstein
Subject Re: BUG #9478: Greenplum External Table definitions
Date
List pgsql-bugs
It is not  a Greenplum bug, because the query is working fine in =
Greenplum and returns proper values. Besides, the version 1.10.5 works =
correctly.
This functionality was broken after the version of 1.10.5 in pgAdmin
Michael Gerstein | Architect=20

Pivotal | www.GoPivotal.com

m: +1.732.768.9891 | e: mgerstein@gopivotal.com

On Mar 18, 2014, at 9:00 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar  7, 2014 at 09:07:10PM +0000, mgerstein@gopivotal.com =
wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>=20
>> Bug reference:      9478
>> Logged by:          Michael Gerstein
>> Email address:      mgerstein@gopivotal.com
>> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
>> Operating system:   Linux=20
>>=20
>> "PostgreSQL 8.2.15 (Greenplum Database 4.3.0.0 build 3) on
>> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.4.2 compiled on =
Nov 23
>> 2013 01:22:06"
>>=20
>> After the version 1.10.5 external table definition is broken for =
Greenplum
>> database.
>> While the query properly returns the datatypes for the columns =
(checked in
>> Greenplum), the types are not shown in the table definition. Since =
Ext.