Re: pg_dump potential bug - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Marcin Kowalski
Subject Re: pg_dump potential bug
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi

Thanks for the help, in fact that is Exactly what is wrong. The pg_shadow
table has duplicated entries in it, I think I'm going to create a unique
index on it.
BTW I've migrated the entrie database to PG7.1RC1, running quite a big
search on the database basically involving a huge amount of selects.
Currently I'm curising at 1250 selects per second (simple select, no Joins)
from multiple tables with mutliple data, pretty fast I think. (But I still
have +- 10 Million to do :-) ).

ANyone have any ideas on how to improve performace, currently have indices
on key fields and am clustering (vacuum + vacuum analyze done)?? Are there
any command line parameters I can try to increase performance..??

Thanks in ADvance
MarCIn